Wednesday 4 June 2014

June 2014 TBR

I'm excited for June! This month I will be taking part in a week-long 'TBR Toppler' which is organised by the Goodreads group You'll Love This One (YLTO) from Saturday 7th. I hope to get through 4 or 5 books, some of these i've been meaning to read for ages, particularly Fahrenheit 451 :






The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao is the Writers of Color choice for this month on Goodreads, and I am also hoping to read it alongside Katy from Katylovestoread because she is great fun and buddy reading with her will really help me get through the mountain of books I have planned.


Americanah by Chimamanda Adichie is the final book I have to finish from the Bailey's Prize Shortlist, with the winner announced on Wednesday the 4th. I am really looking forward to seeing which book has won, it was such a great shortlist and I have really enjoyed following it. I will definitely do the same next year.

[I have now finished this and I enjoyed it - review to follow. I would like A Girl is a Half-formed Thing by Eimear McBride or Burial Rites by Hannah Kent to win!]

I picked The Sparrow up on a whim and it sounds good so I am going to see if I can read that before the Toppler starts.

I have 8 books to read to reach my 50 book challenge, so hopefully by the end of the month I should be close to that target! Happy reading everyone :))

1 comment: